HR Assistant Job Description
Auto-Chlor System is a leader in commercial dishwashing that provides low carbon footprint solutions for our customers in the Restaurant and Hospitality Industries. With over 100 locations nationwide, we pride ourselves in the high-quality service we give to our customers and employees. We believe that a company is only as good as its people and that’s why our culture motto is “People First”.
Our Corporate office is now hiring an HR Assistant in Mountain View, CA. This position is full-time, non-exempt. The schedule required for this position is Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. This candidate will own the new hire onboarding process and provide support to the HR team and field employees.
What’s in it for you?
- A people first culture where contribution and collaboration is encouraged and celebrated.
- Monthly company events to recognize hard work and celebrate company wins.
- A competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
- Ongoing wellness initiatives to improve your health and well-being.
What are some of the day to day responsibilities?
· Own the new hire onboarding process, administer and maintain employee files, both electronic and paper, ensure all documentation is gathered and stored correctly, including I9’s, required forms and payroll files for active and inactive employees.
· Review new hire documents for completion and accuracy, work with employees to gather necessary information and ensure accuracy of information entered into HRIS.
· Conduct new hire check-ins and exit interviews, compile data, file and forward as necessary.
· Process status changes in HRIS system; terminations, promotions, personal information changes, etc.
· Serve as first point of contact for HR Department, acknowledge emails and calls and assign to appropriate team member.
· Collaborate with payroll team to coordinate employment transactions (new hires, terminations, leaves)
· Provide back-up support to the national recruiting team, scheduling drug tests and executing background checks as needed.
· Troubleshoot ATS and HR vendor website issues that may arise and act as a liaison with vendors to resolve system problems.
· Obtain and track trainings, employee signatures, gather and prepare documents and participate in audits.
· Obtain approvals for vendor invoices, verify, and allocate costs, send to accounts payable for processing.
· Assist the HR team with projects and tasks as assigned, create and document procedures.
Successful candidate criteria:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an HR environment.
· 2-3 years’ experience performing new hire onboarding and offboarding.
· Good understanding of state and federal employment laws.
· Proficiency with MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Solid attention to detail and accuracy, ability to double check data.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
· Must be organized and flexible, able to change direction as needed.
· Must have a service mindset and willingness to act with a sense of urgency.
· Experience with ADP and/or Bamboo HR a plus.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, it’s a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service (“HQS”), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Let’s have some fun together!