General Scope of Duties:
The Director of Manufacturing and Product Innovation will ensure compliance with internal and external specifications for all products blended, manufactured and developed within the organization. Required to test, develop, and define formulas, reactions and any other chemical related activities.
The Director of Manufacturing and Product Innovation is responsible for executing the Technical Support strategy and tactics that will improve the customer experience and build emotional loyalty allowing greater impact to overall sales and revenue. This leader directs a team in Technical Support, Business Services, and Technical Processing.
The focus is to drive the business forward in creating stronger relationships, increasing sales, managing financial budgets, creating operational efficiency, managing chemical manufacturing, developing innovative products that keep Auto-Chlor ahead of the competition, and lastly creating a fun and motivational environment that attracts the best of the best.
This candidate will develop the vision and strategy for our manufacturing and product innovation teams in order to promote growth for a highly successful national company and brand. Ensuring targeted service and performance standards are achieved or exceeded. Executing additional projects such as synergy initiatives with other departments, succession planning, hiring and training practices, best sales and coaching practices, as well as cross-functional corporate initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead Formulation laboratory and chemists with process improvement, modifications and development of products. Manage multiple projects ensuring alignment of goals and deliverables in cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for Atlanta chemical production plant, personnel, scheduling, emissions reports, and quality control. Manage order approval and product fulfillment teams.
- Lead a team of chemists and engineers to develop a strategic national pipeline of chemical and equipment solutions.
- Develop and Maintain formulation Protocols. Maintain MRP system and system formulations cost data and models. Ensure the pipeline is comprised of balanced (short-long term, incremental-disruptive, internal-external) opportunities.
- Expand and Improve existing product line, managing cost and raw materials in accordance with changes to raw material costs and regulatory requirements local as well as federal.
- Test to ensure quality, productivity and effectiveness of a product. Partner with branch and dealer networks to ensure quality control and enhance belief in company products. Troubleshoot and solve quality control issues impacting dealer and branch operations. Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements for designed, blended and manufactured products.
- Review and bill costs associated with dealer EPA regulation directly to dealers markets.
- Arrange UN testing of packaging and quality control of packaging manufactured by assortment of vendors.
- Primary R&D strategic link with National Strategic Marketing on the pipeline. Lead the pipeline to market from proof of principle through manufacturing scale up and stabilization phases. Involved in product launch and product label and packaging creation.
- Great analytical and critical thinking skills with strong understanding of chemistry principles and its applications.
- Complete projects in accordance to the Company’s needs and timelines.
- Will organize, write, develop policies, procedures and protocols for product lines, testing procedures, etc.
- Participate in testing of materials in-bound and out-bound for compliance with specifications.
- Assist in off-site auditing of dealer manufacturing facilities, formulations, and quality control.
- Knowledge of Patent and Trademark processes and enforcement
- Very strong communication (oral and Written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and organizational skills.
- Any other duty, responsibility or task as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new formulations developed by R&D scientists/chemists from laboratory to pilot plant to full commercial launching in a timely manner.
- Liaison and work with Customer Service Group to provide technical support for North American customers and perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Liaison with Manufacturing Group and coordinate with internal R&D scientists to provide trouble-shooting solutions for existing product manufacturing.
Job Type: Full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty and communicate these requirements to technical staff.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Research & Development in a highly regulated industry
- Proven record of leading diverse cross-functional teams in highly matrixed/complex environments and a track record in developing capabilities along new trajectories for an organization to be successful in the future
- Strong technical background, with deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: chemistry, biology, medicine, biochemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, formulated chemistry design, mechanical engineering, and/or process development
- Demonstrated experience in strategic pipeline development
- Differentiated track record in people development and creating a strong pipeline of talent to lead the strength of this platform for the future
- Travel: 10-15% domestic
- 8 years managerial experience in the area of product design, development or technology development and/or transfer
- Significant proven personnel management experience, 7-10 years preferred
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to adapt to varying situations to attain goals and meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by management.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Engineering/Science degree in technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in accelerating innovation
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office and lab environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Employee will be exposed to manufacturing facilities in corporate manufacturing and dealer facilities.
- May be exposed and/or work with chemicals as listed in our MSDS book.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Savings Plan
- Paid time off
- Company Cell Phone
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experience with MRP system.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, it’s a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service (“HQS”), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Let’s have some fun together!